- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small bunch fresh basil (about 1-2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup almond butter (I used Justin’s Almond Butter)
- 1/2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- About 1/4 cup water (more or less as desired)
- Juice from 2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mist a large baking dish with an olive oil mister.
- Slice chicken breasts into thin fillets, and pound a bit with a meat mallet to get them to about 1/4” thickness. Now cut into medium to large bite sized pieces, and place in the baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine all remaining ingredients (except for 2 of the 3 tbsp of honey) in a food processor, adding water to achieve desired consistency, and process until smooth.
- Pour 2/3 of the basil almond sauce over the chicken pieces and toss them well to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 10-15 minutes. Then arrange chicken pieces on the skewers, making 8 skewers in total, and return to the baking dish.
- Roast chicken skewers in oven for about 10 minutes. Then remove chicken from the oven, and drizzle remaining 2 tbsp honey over the chicken skewers evenly. Return to oven and cook for another 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately with remaining sauce for dipping.
Preparation time: 1 hour(s) 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 skewers with extra sauce for dipping
Each serving = 7 Points +
PER SERVING: 280 calories; 10.5g fat; 17g carbohydrates; 29.5g protein; 1.5g fiber
Recipe By LaaLoosh