I think Weight Watchers Plum Amaretto Pudding is an excellent idea teaching ur children the value of money, so that they don't expect everything on a plate!
Soak fresh plums in Amaretto liqueur, Marsala or sherry, then bake them in a sweet batter for a sensational dessert you can enjoy on a diet!
- 450g plums (without stones) fresh, quartered and pitted
- 4tbsp cream liqueurs, amaretto, Marsala or sweet sherry
- 110g flour, wheat, white, plain,
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 medium egg
- 300ml milk, skimmed
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 5 spray(s) calorie controlled cooking spray,
- 2tsp(level) icing sugar
- Put the plums and liqueur, Marsala or sherry into a bowl. Cover and leave to soak for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Make the batter by beating together the flour, salt, egg, milk, vanilla and caster sugar with a whisk. Cover and leave to stand alongside the plums.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°F / Gas Mark 6. Spray a 1.5 litre (2 ¾ pint) shallow ovenproof dish with low fat cooking spray.
- Drain the plums, reserving the liquid. Tip them into the prepared dish, then pour the batter over them. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until set and golden.
- Serve the pudding, drizzled with the reserved liquid and sprinkled with icing sugar.
Prep time: 45 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 1 hr 10 mins
Skill level: Bit of effort
Original post: www.goodtoknow.co.uk