Both of the new iPhone models include new “Retina HD” displays with cover glass that Apple says is ion-strengthened.
- A8 chip with second generation 64-bit desktop-class architecture for blazing fast performance and power efficiency, which Apple claims is 25 percent faster than the previous processor.
- "Ion-strengthened" Retina HD resolution displays.
- Both models include iOS 8, the latest version of the world’s most advanced mobile operating system, featuring a simpler, faster and more intuitive user experience with new Messages and Photos features, QuickType™ keyboard, a new Health app, Family Sharing and iCloud Drive
- An improved FaceTime camera capable of HDR photo and video, and burst mode for selfies.
- A new NFC payment system called Apple Pay that lets people pay with their iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- A better battery life than the iPhone 5s.
- M8 motion coprocessor that gathers motion data from the accelerometer, gyroscope, compass and the new barometer, which senses air pressure to provide relative elevatio
The new iPhone 6 has a 4.7-inch screen. The iPhone 6 measures 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.27 inches (138.1 x 67 x 6.9mm) and weighs 4.55 ounces (129g).
Meanwhile the iPhone 6 Plus clearly has the 5.7-inch screen. The iPhone 6 Plus measures 6.22 x 3.06 x 0.28 inches (158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1mm) and weighs 6.07 ounces (172g).
Display – 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch
Apple calls the iPhone 6’s new 4.7- and 5.5-inch diagonal screens "Retina HD displays" and packed with innovative technologies in an all-new dramatically thin and seamless design.
The iPhone 6 Plus will have a standard 1920 x 1080 pixel native resolution which is significantly higher than the 1704 x 960 pixels. On the flip side the iPhone 6 Plus resolution delivers 401 pixels per inch (ppi).
The 4.7-inch display’s 1334 x 750 pixel, for a pixel density of 326 ppi (pixels per inch).
The new screens also have broader viewing angles, says Apple, and the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have strong contrast ratios (iPhone 6 – 1400:1, iPhone 6 Plus 1300:1) and brightness ratings (500 cd/m2) despite Apple stating that it slimmed down both phone’s display backlights, respectively, compared with the 4-inch 1136 by 640 pixels (326 pixels per inch) screen with 800:1 contrast ratio found on past models.
Performance - The new phones have even zippier processors
The iSight camera gets even better with a new sensor featuring Focus Pixels for faster autofocus, making it easier to quickly capture any moment. iPhone 6 Plus users will also benefit from optical image stabilization technology that compensates for hand shake in low light and works with iOS 8 to reduce subject motion. High-definition video on iPhone improves with faster frame rates up to 60fps for 1080p video and 240fps for slo-mo, as well as continuous autofocus, cinematic video stabilization and time-lapse video. The FaceTime HD camera now captures over 80% more light with a new sensor, larger f/2.2 aperture and advanced new features including burst mode and HDR video.
Source: Mashable | Forbes