Powered by Blogger.

Juror B37 Book isn't going to happen...!

Juror B37 Book isn't going to happen...!
Less than 48 hours after a jury found George Zimmerman not guilty, a juror was working with a Seattle literary agent to write and shop a book about her experiences in court. At 12:59 a.m. EST on Tuesday.

ABC News has Martin's details of the prospective Juror B37 deal.
"My hope is that people will read Juror B37's book, written with her attorney husband, and understand the commitment it takes to serve and be sequestered on a jury in a highly publicized murder trial and how important, despite one's personal viewpoints, it is to follow the letter of the law," Sharlene Martin wrote.

"The reader will also learn why the jurors had no option but to find Zimmerman not guilty due to the manner in which he was charged and the content of the jury instructions," the statement read.


But, it appears that the Juror B37 book isn't going to happen.

The statement came late Monday night after Juror B37 appeared in an interview on CNN. Her explanation of Zimmerman’s acquittal prompted a petition on the website change.org calling on Sharlene Martin to drop juror B37 from her agency, Martin Literary Management.

The petition gained 1,346 signatures, fulfilling a goal of 1,000 signatures, and has since been closed.

The petition’s description:

"Please don’t allow this person to profit off of the injustice that they’ve served to the American public."

Soon thereafter, both Juror B37 & Martin issued separate statements announcing that the book deal wouldn't come to fruition.
"That isolation shielded me from the depth of pain that exists among the general public over every aspect of this case."

"…I have realized that the best direction for me to go is away from writing any sort of book and return instead to my life as it was before I was called to sit on this jury." [ABC News]

"After careful consideration regarding the proposed book project with Zimmerman Juror B37, I have decided to rescind my offer of representation in the exploration of a book based upon this case," Martin said in an email at the time. [BuzzFeed]

"Now that I am returned to my family and to society in general, I have realized that the best direction for me to go is away from writing any sort of book and return instead to my life as it was before I was called to sit on this jury." [Uproxx]