Powered by Blogger.

Lorde wins double at Billboard Music Awards



Today, Lorde has taken away two awards at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas. She he performed her New Zealand number-one song Tennis Court shortly after winning her second award.

Lorde had 12 nominations at the awards show, including Top 100 Song, Top Digital Song, Top Radio Song and Top Streaming Song for her hit single Royals. She was also nominated for Top Hot 100 Artist, Top Digital Songs Artist, Top Radio Songs Artist, Top Rock Artist, and Top Rock Album for Pure Heroine.
After winning Top New Artist, the 17-year-old told the audience she had a prepared speech on her phone because she didn't want to "screw it up".

Lorde read her acceptance speech from her cellphone.

"I really don't want to screw it up," she said.

"This whole thing started for me with a song that was written when I was 15, which I know everyone knows, but what I want to say is I'm 17-1/2 now and I'm so thankful ... to have had the opportunity to grow and learn as a new artist in the spotlight at this time.

"I'm thankful for the dialogue around my work and myself."

Lorde is fearless when it comes to performing in front of a huge crowd — and she’s just as brave when it comes to showing off her natural beauty!

She made an ironic sign of the horns gesture as she accepted the award.